April 26th Is Alien DayMarch 29th, 2016
If your geek calendar wasn’t already full with events like Star Wars day and last years Back To The Future day, get ready for one more. Alien day on April 26th. To celebrate Alien Day, 20th Century Fox is going to be releasing a bunch of cool Alien-themed merchandise.
For instance, you’ll be able to buy Ellen Ripley’s Reebok Alien Stompers, the shoes worn by Sigourney Weaver in James Cameron’s Aliens. They will also be releasing mid-top versions of the shoes that Bishop wore in the movie. It’s about time we got our space shoes.
On April 26th you will be able to buy both designs on Reebok.com and in select stores. But there’s more. On Alien Day, select Alamo Drafthouse locations will be showing a double feature of Alien and Aliens. Amazon’s Audible will also release a brand-new audio drama titled Alien: Out of the Shadows, starring Rutger Hauer, Matthew Lewis, and Corey Johnson. There is also an online trivia challenge where movie fans can win prizes every 42.6 minutes on Twitter, by registering at the Alien Anthology website.
Here’s a full list of other activities and releases planned for Alien Day:
- NECA announces the first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure; as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure
- FUNKO LLC – An ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series
- DARK HORSE COMICS –expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986
- TITAN BOOKS – launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon
- ALIEN DIGITAL PINBALL– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch three digital pinball tables via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
- DC ENTERTAINMENT – Together with Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment will re-release the fan-favorite Batman VS ALIEN comics for the first time in over a decade
- FRIGHT RAGS – Horror apparel retailer Fright Rags will release limited edition ALIEN-themed apparel
- THE UPPER DECK COMPANY – The leading trading card company will launch ALIENSAnthology Collector Trading Card and the ALIENS “Vs” Trading Card Game system
- HOT TOYS – The Hong Kong-based collectible manufacturer is announcing an all-new ALIENRipley 1/6th figure
- KOTOBUKIYA – The Japanese manufacturer unleashes an assortment of highly detailed collectables this spring including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from ALIENS and mini “Big Chap” figurines posed to strike up conversation around your home or office!
- INSIGHT EDITIONS – The illustrated pop culture book publisher will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
- SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES – An all-new ALIEN Internecivus Raptus Statue
- SUPER 7 – The San Francisco based designer toy and apparel company has developed several toys in honor of the ALIEN DAY: ALIEN Muscle figures on card; ALIEN ReAction carrying case with exclusiveALIEN figure; Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit; Japanese vinyl Queen and ALIENS Glassware
- LOOT CRATE – The monthly mystery subscription box for pop culture fans will launch a limited-edition ALIENS 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners.
- MEDICOM TOY – Japan-based toy company MEDICOM TOY will release VCD (vinyl super deformed) ALIEN figure and retro style ALIEN figure via Diamond Comics
- USAopoly – Launches a pair of classic board games with a thrilling twist: YAHTZEE® ALIEN VS PREDATOR™ and CLUE®: ALIEN VS PREDATOR™
- HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES to release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas