Star Wars Battle Pod: The Arcade Strikes BackOctober 10th, 2014
I have not been to an arcade in ages, but boy was it fun way back in the day. Bandai Namco’s Star Wars Battle Pod definitely looks like it brings back the arcade experience. Check out the video, because honestly, there’s nothing I can say that would do it justice.
I will say that this photorealistic flying game looks like the best Star Wars game ever, with all of epic space-, Endor- and Hoth-based battles you could want. The game will be available worldwide at an arcade near you soon. If you are near New York City, check it out the Dave and Buster’s in Times Square right now. This game looks crazy good!
Check out the official details below:
- Arcade-exclusive gameplay on a unique dome screen enveloping your entire area of sight which enables “the player to be surrounded by gameplay images and experiences on the dome screen”
- Expected to launch in the US in January 2015 “ in participating arcades around the country” with a global launch to follow
- Five stages that “recreate the fiercest battle scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy.” Players will take command of the vehicles that appear in the films such as X-wings, snowspeeders, speederbikes, the Millennium Falcon and TIE Advanced.
- Loaded with features and unique gameplay elements, players can “experience the impact of the explosions and destruction that will leave them with a sense of actually piloting and taking part in action-packed scenes from the films.”
- Star Wars: Battle Pod offers a real sense of flight combat action and delivers an authentic flying experience as if players are actually sitting in the cockpit of a battle pod in the Star Wars universe.
- Players can jump right in to true-to-film battles on Endor, Hoth, Death Star II, Yavin, and more.