New Star Trek Into Darkness Authentic Props by QMxMay 23rd, 2013
Quantum Mechanix Inc. (QMx), a creative studio and developer of specialty movie collectibles, has partnered with the filmmakers of Star Trek Into Darkness to create a new line of screen-authentic props. QMx has developed a variety of props, including the following:
- Starfleet Class Ring: Made especially for Star Trek Into Darkness, the ring will be available in both limited-edition sterling silver and open-edition metal alloy versions.
- Starfleet Phaser: Working with Kenney’s Custom Props, QMx redesigned the familiar Starfleet phaser with updated finishes, servo spinner and working power dial.
- History of Starflight Model Collection: 14 filming miniatures that mark the history of flight, from the Wright Flyer to the Vengeance. Included in the lineup were many legacy Star Trek ship designs, including the NX-01, the U.S.S. Kelvin and the Ring Ship.
- Starfleet Division Badges: each of the four Starfleet division badges (Command, Science, Engineering, Medical) worn by the crew of the Enterprise.
- United Federation of Planets Flag: Screen-accurate replicas of the ceremonial flag seen in Star Trek Into Darkness.
We have included a few images of some of the props being created in the gallery below. We suggest you visit the QMx site for all the details and additional images.